hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client 4.4-alpha1 based on RC1
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:25:38 GMT
On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 11:57 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 10:57 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:

> > garydgregory@gmail.com>

> > olegk@apache.org>

> > the RC

> > > Hm, I consider it part of the RM's duty to create all of these reports.
> > >
> > > The people how VOTE can inspect the reports...
> > >

> > RM's duty based on what? RM's duty is produce release artifacts. Nether
> > site content nor reports of any sort are not release artifacts.
> >

> I beg to differ. By not producing Maven reports for RAT, FindBugs, PMD,
> Surefire and so on, you are making the job of reviewers harder, not easier.
> Over at Commons and Logging, we produce a full site with reports as part of
> a VOTE.

You are very welcome to do so. However, we have a certain release
process, too [1]. You are also very welcome to propose improvements to
that process and add things you deem important if they are missing. But
pointing out that something has not been done in a _release vote_ is not
very constructive, is it? If it is not a blocker, can we discuss it
_after_ the vote and actually move on with the vote? If it is a blocker
by all of means feel free to vote accordingly.

Oleg

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpComponentsReleaseProcess