hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Moore <j...@jjmoore.net>
Subject Re: Caching responses to HEAD requests in httpclient-cache
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 16:22:21 GMT
Hi folks,

I think extending the cache module to support caching HEAD would be very
welcome, and I think you've identified the overall constraints (cached HEAD
origin request). I think it would be also valuable to allow HEAD requests
to be satisfied from cached responses to previous GETs, but that can
certainly come as a second step if desired.

A clean patch with good unit test coverage for this will almost certainly
get accepted in one form or another. One other constraint is that we try
very hard to maintain binary backwards-compatibility in the non-private
parts of HttpClient and its associated modules, so bear that in mind if you
find you need to do refactoring. In any event, the right way forward is to
open a JIRA issue, and as you run across issues we can discuss approaches
there.

Thanks for your interest in making this contribution!

Jon