hc-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Potapov <potapo...@gmail.com>
Subject Why HttpHost declared final?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:55:50 GMT
Hello, everyone,

I have list of HttpHost which is use for requests fallback. I've decided to
assign some weight for this hosts, to use more reliable for requests and
fallback to less reliable in case of failure.
Most obvious solution is to extend HttpHost with class that supports weight and
provides compareTo() function, so I can sort this list each time the weights
are changed. Unfortunately, I've found that HttpHost is declared final and
can't be extended.
What is the reason for such restriction? If there is no one, then can we remove
it?

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Potapov