hc-dev mailing list archives

From Malcolm Smith <malcolm_sm...@standardlife.com>
Subject RE: HTTPCLIENT-1394: Support for Native windows Negotiate/NTLM via JNA
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:38:40 GMT
Karl/Oleg

Thanks for the pointers. I think I will be ok from here on, although will need to do this
from home as the corporate firewall is getting in the way of the SVN connectivity.

When you say raise a ticket - should I use the "Create issue" feature? Thing is, I can't see
anywhere on that form that would allow me to attach the diff?

Malcolm

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: 28 March 2014 13:12
To: HttpComponents Project
Subject: Re: HTTPCLIENT-1394: Support for Native windows Negotiate/NTLM via JNA

On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 08:58 -0400, Karl Wright wrote:
> Hi Malcolm,
>
> To create a patch:
>
> -- install an svn client; I use one from SlikSubversion
> -- check out the svn repository in question:
>
> svn co
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk
>
> -- make your change in that tree
> -- in the httpclient/trunk directory, do the command:
>
> svn diff >mypatch.patch
>
> To create a ticket, go to https://issues.apache.org/jira, and register.
> Anybody can register.  Create a ticket in the HTTPCLIENT queue,
> providing a description.  Then attach your patch file.
>
> Thanks,
> Karl

Malcolm,

If you are more familiar with GitHub workflow, you can also open a pull request against GitHub
hosted copy of the HttpClient code repository

https://github.com/apache/httpclient

You'll still need to raise a ticket in JIRA, though.

Oleg

Confidentiality - This email is confidential.
Not meant for you? - If you don't think this email is meant for you, please let us know. Do
not copy or forward the information it contains, and delete this email from your system.
Views expressed - Any personal views or opinions expressed in this email are the sender's,
and do not necessarily reflect the views of Standard Life group.
Monitoring - We filter and monitor emails to protect our systems and to keep them running
smoothly.
Emailing us - Email isn't a secure form of communication. If you want to send us confidential
information please send it by post. However, if you do communicate with us by email on any
subject, you are giving us permission to email you back.
Phoning us - Calls may be monitored and/or recorded to protect both you and us and help with
our training. Call charges will vary.
Standard Life group - Standard Life group comprises Standard Life plc and its subsidiaries.
For more information on Standard Life group visit our website http://www.standardlife.com/.
Standard Life plc (SC286832), Standard Life Assurance Limited (SC286833) and Standard Life
Employee Services Limited (SC271355) are all registered in Scotland at Standard Life House,
30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH. Standard Life Assurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential
Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation
Authority.
For more information on Standard Life Assurance limited visit our website http://www.standardlife.co.uk