hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1571715
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 01:24:08 GMT
On 26 February 2014 14:03, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 19:07 +0000, sebb wrote:
>> On 25 February 2014 14:46,  <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Author: olegk
>> > Date: Tue Feb 25 14:46:07 2014
>> > New Revision: 1571715

>> > Log:
>> > Made AsynchronousValidationRequest public
>>
>> Should this be applied to 4.3.x as well?
>>
>> I'm happy to do it if so.
>>

> I am not sure. I generally avoid adding new classes and methods in
> stable branches. I would just leave 4.3.x as it is, but we will not
> stand in your way if you decide otherwise.

AFAICT it's not possible at present for anyone to create a
SchedulingStrategy unless the class is in the same package as
AsynchronousValidationRequest.

It's not possible to implement the required interface method:

void schedule(AsynchronousValidationRequest revalidationRequest);

without having access to the AsynchronousValidationRequest class which
is currently package protected.

So I think the class must be made public unless there is no intention
to allow users to provide their own SchedulingStrategy.

I don't know which of its fields are likely to be needed by the
schedule() method apart from consecutiveFailedAttempts which already
has a public getter.
The trunk version now has a public getter for the identifier; for
consistency perhaps that should also be added to 4.3.x?