hc-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject More 4.2->4.3 conversion questions
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:13:46 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I'm looking for equivalents to these 4.2.x code snippets in 4.3.x:

params.setParameter(ClientPNames.DEFAULT_HOST,fetchHost);
HttpClientParams.setCookiePolicy(params,CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY);

localHttpClient.getCookieSpecs().register(CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY,
new CookieSpecFactory()
          {

            public CookieSpec newInstance(HttpParams params)
            {
              return new LaxBrowserCompatSpec();
            }

          }
        );

httpClient.getParams().setParameter(ClientPNames.VIRTUAL_HOST,hostHost);
<<<<<<

I did not find any builder methods that knew about virtual hosts or the
default host; if you have example code that will do the equivalent thing
based on HttpHost objects I'd love to have it.  Also, I create my own
cookie policy, and then ttell httpclient to use it; it's not clear how you
are supposed to do this in the new world.

Any advice welcome.

Karl