hc-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Mouritzen <Rick_Mourit...@symantec.com>
Subject HTTP POST with Fluent HC is broken with 4.3.3 release
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 20:17:14 GMT
The body method of org.apache.http.client.fluent.Request is broken. This breaks HTTP POSTs
via the static Request.Post factory method. I noticed this in the released 4.3.3 version.

The change happened in the following revisions:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1568975
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1568979

Or on github.com:
https://github.com/apache/httpclient/commit/34675f33d70c012aa0762b93141f3ef4f388220e

Or you can use this search to find the changes:
http://marc.info/?l=httpcomponents-commits&w=2&r=1&s=this.request+%3D+new+InternalHttpRequest%28m&q=b

The body method only only works when the Request object’s request member is an instance
of HttpEntityEnclosingRequest. However after the change above, this can never happen.

It appears that refactoring done in the above revision above did not follow through to the
POST case.

(It seems this project doesn’t use unit tests. I’m not dogmatic or anything, but in this
case a unit test exercising each of the Request factory methods would have caught this.)