hc-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: case-conversion: standardise on Locale.ROOT (1.6) or Locale.ENGLISH (1.6)
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 02:56:46 GMT
Sound good to me.

Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
Date:03/17/2014  21:04  (GMT-05:00)
To: HttpComponents Project <dev@hc.apache.org>
Subject: case-conversion: standardise on Locale.ROOT (1.6) or Locale.ENGLISH (1.6)

There are 83 instances of case conversion using a Locale (none
without) in HC project trunk

Of these, there are:

23 Locale.ENGLISH (includes 4 comments)
33 Locale.ROOT (Java 1.6+; httpasycclient currently uses 1.5)
27 Locale.US (httpclient/httpcore only)

It does not make sense to me to use US (or UK).
Although they are short, they are too specific.
ROOT is ideal, but is 1.6+

httpasyncclient only has 5 instances of Locale, two of which are comments.
It only uses ENGLISH.

I propose to convert the Locale instances in client and core to ROOT.
The httpasyncclient component can be done when it requires 1.6

OK?