hc-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Potapov <potapo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 -> 1.6 or 1.7? was Re: java 1.5?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:48:10 GMT
Gentlemen,

Have you came to any conclusion concerning this?
Currently AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.execute(...) has finally block which
calls doShutdown() which can throw exception itself (see HTTPCORE-376), so
all information about current exception will be lost.
One of the ways to fix this and have information concerning both exception is
to use suppressed exceptions idiom implemented in Java 7 (probably with
conjunction with try-with-resources), so I wish to know is it allowed to use
Java 7 features in future patches.

--
Thanks in advance,
Dmitry Potapov