hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 -> 1.6 or 1.7? was Re: java 1.5?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:05:25 GMT
On Tue, 2014-03-25 at 15:48 +0400, Dmitry Potapov wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> Have you came to any conclusion concerning this?
> Currently AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor.execute(...) has finally block which
> calls doShutdown() which can throw exception itself (see HTTPCORE-376), so
> all information about current exception will be lost.

I/O reactors are complex beasts. If things go sideways, there can be
multiple exceptions in multiple places. I am not sure suppressed
exceptions introduced in Java 1.7 would help us much here. For that
reason the standard I/O reactors maintain an audit log. Suppressed
exceptions should be logged there.

Oleg