hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More 4.2->4.3 conversion questions
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:51:35 GMT
On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 09:13 -0400, Karl Wright wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> I'm looking for equivalents to these 4.2.x code snippets in 4.3.x:
>

> params.setParameter(ClientPNames.DEFAULT_HOST,fetchHost);
> HttpClientParams.setCookiePolicy(params,CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY);
>

> localHttpClient.getCookieSpecs().register(CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY,
> new CookieSpecFactory()
>           {
>
>             public CookieSpec newInstance(HttpParams params)
>             {
>               return new LaxBrowserCompatSpec();
>             }
>
>           }
>         );
>
> httpClient.getParams().setParameter(ClientPNames.VIRTUAL_HOST,hostHost);
> <<<<<<

---
Registry<CookieSpecProvider> cookieSpecRegistry =
RegistryBuilder.<CookieSpecProvider>create()
        .register(CookieSpecs.BEST_MATCH, new BestMatchSpecFactory())
        .register(CookieSpecs.STANDARD, new RFC2965SpecFactory())
        .register(CookieSpecs.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY, new
LaxBrowserCompatSpec())
        .register(CookieSpecs.NETSCAPE, new NetscapeDraftSpecFactory())
        .register(CookieSpecs.IGNORE_COOKIES, new IgnoreSpecFactory())
        .build();

CloseableHttpClient client = HttpClients.custom()
        .setDefaultCookieSpecRegistry(cookieSpecRegistry)
        .build();
---

> I did not find any builder methods that knew about virtual hosts or the
> default host; if you have example code that will do the equivalent thing
> based on HttpHost objects I'd love to have it.  Also, I create my own
> cookie policy, and then ttell httpclient to use it; it's not clear how you
> are supposed to do this in the new world.
>
> Any advice welcome.

The virtual parameter was a mistake. Either use an explicit target host
(see below) or use a custom route planner

---
CloseableHttpClient client = HttpClients.createDefault();
HttpHost target = new HttpHost("www.google.com");
HttpGet get = new HttpGet("http://www.google.ru/");
CloseableHttpResponse response = client.execute(target, get);
---

Hope this helps

Oleg