hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP POST with Fluent HC is broken with 4.3.3 release
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 22:29:42 GMT
On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 12:17 -0800, Rick Mouritzen wrote:
> The body method of org.apache.http.client.fluent.Request is broken. This breaks HTTP
POSTs via the static Request.Post factory method. I noticed this in the released 4.3.3 version.

> The change happened in the following revisions:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1568975
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1568979
>
> Or on github.com:
> https://github.com/apache/httpclient/commit/34675f33d70c012aa0762b93141f3ef4f388220e
>
> Or you can use this search to find the changes:
> http://marc.info/?l=httpcomponents-commits&w=2&r=1&s=this.request+%3D+new+InternalHttpRequest%28m&q=b
>
> The body method only only works when the Request object’s request member is an instance
of HttpEntityEnclosingRequest. However after the change above, this can never happen.

> It appears that refactoring done in the above revision above did not follow through to
the POST case.

> (It seems this project doesn’t use unit tests. I’m not dogmatic or anything, but
in this case a unit test exercising each of the Request factory methods would have caught
this.)

Please raise a JIRA for this defect. As far as test coverage is
concerned we happily take contributions.

Oleg