hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change Javadoc show level?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 01:08:25 GMT
On 24 February 2014 16:33, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> If we have a public subclass of a package private class, I should be able
> to see all of the methods I can call on that class (and super class).

That's not the case here. It's a public class using a package class.

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient-cache/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/ExponentialBackOffSchedulingStrategy.html#schedule%28org.apache.http.impl.client.cache.AsynchronousValidationRequest%29

Which begs the question - how is it used externally?

The schedule method implements an interface so has to be public, but
perhaps it is only intended for use internally.
In which case the Javadoc should probably make this clear.