hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 based on RC1
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2014 15:54:41 GMT
On 23 February 2014 15:23, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 February 2014 14:48, Gary Gregory <ggregory@apache.org> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
>> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
>> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
>> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>>
>> Packages:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1
>> revision 4476
>
> The KEY is missing from the KEYS file on the dist site.
> I think this is a release blocker.
>
> However the key has been published, and the sigs work against the KEYS
> file in SVN.
>
> Hashes OK where provided.
>
> Also just noticed that there are no SHA1 hashes for the release packages
> This is not a release blocker, but we should perhaps consider for
> future releases.
>
> tar.gz and zip archives agree with each other (allowing for EOL diffs)
>
>> Release notes:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES-4.3.x.txt
>>
>> Maven artefacts:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-1007
>>
>> SVN tag:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.3.3-RC1
>> revision 1570731
>
> RAT and SVN properties look OK
>
> Source archive agrees with tag except for files like doap that don't
> gert published.

>> Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 release
>> [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
>> [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> -1 at present; the KEYS issue needs to be sorted before release can proceed.

Just tried following the instructions in BUILDING.txt.

"mvn test"

fails with

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
1) org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient:jar:tests:4.3.3

The instructions ought to be updated.

"mvn package test" worked for me

So does "mvn install" followed by "mvn test"

docbkx seems to work. The javadoc command works but complains about a
few invalid @link tags.
I'll see if I can fix those later.

I don't think these are blockers, but should be fixed for the next
release - or if a respin should be required for any other reason.