hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Definition of maven.compiler.source in component poms
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2014 03:38:45 GMT
At present the parent 7 pom defines the source/target as 1.5.

Some versions of some HC components override this (e.g. httpclient trunk)

It seems to me it would be clearer to define the compiler version at
component level rather than in the parent.
It almost guaranteed that there will be components with differeing
compiler requirements, so it will likely never be possible to use a
common shared value - local overrides will always be needed.

I suggest that the setting is removed from the next parent pom (if any
is released) to force components to declare the compiler settings.

In the meantime, I would like to add the settings to the 4.3 branch
where necessary.

Also, at present httpasyncclient trunk defaults to the parent pom
(1.5) whereas httpclient and httpcore both use 1.6 in their poms.
Using 1.5 for async seems wrong.