hc-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Switch to Git?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 11:26:32 GMT
I think the factors that go into deciding to make a switch of this nature
are as follows:

- the match between the source control system and the project environment;
e.g., do people make svn copies of the hierarchy from other projects for
various reasons
- whether the project is immediately suitable for transfer e.g. (directory
issue as mentioned before)
- the preference of the committers
- the future of the source control system chosen

I think the first two are unknown, the third point looks to be in favor of
git, and the last point is currently immaterial.  Before switching I'd want
more clarity on all of these, as much as possible.

So, -1 for now (although I could be convinced with some research).
Karl