hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Nitschinger <mich...@nitschinger.at>
Subject BasicNIOConnPool Connection Lease
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:56:09 GMT
Hi folks (looks like my first post wasn’t acknowledged by the mailing list service since
it overlapped with subscribing),

I’ve posted an enhancement request for the docs shown here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-369
but I still have troubles making it work in general.

So, basically I’m having a List<HttpHost> where I round-robin and send it through
the AsyncRequester. This all works great, but during runtime this list can change. Adding
is easy because it will pick it up on the fly. I’m more thinking about removing HttpHosts
from this list and the underlying BasicNIOConnPool management.

I think I have a few questions:
	- What is the preferred way to deal with connections that need to be removed from the pool?
	- Is there something I need to be aware of?

I thought about iterating over the Entries, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do so.
I’m using 4.3. If you are interested in the code, it’s here: https://gist.github.com/daschl/7985206
.. it will be open source anyway (this is part of a rework of the sdk couchbase driver) but
I haven’t pushed it out there yet.

If you have any other remarks on how the code is used please shoot. Cheers,
Michael

Always Scalable, Always On NoSQL

Michael Nitschinger
Developer Advocate, Engineering