hc-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruvakumar P G <dhruvakumar....@oracle.com>
Subject Content-Encoding header is missing in httpclient's response
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 07:39:10 GMT
Hello,

I'm in the middle of upgrading Httpclient, mime, core libraries to
latest version. I haven't been able to figure out any solution to the
following problem.
When Httpclient downloads a text file(icité Àâqë-withmultibytechars.txt)
which contains multibyte characters from another server and sends it to
the browser.
*The server returns the response headers as below :*

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
*
**Browser receives the headers as below and shows the filename rightly :*

Content-Disposition    attachment; filename="icité
Àâqë-withmultibytechars.txt"
Content-Type    application/octet-stream
Transfer-Encoding    chunked

When Httpclient downloads an image file(ウェ.jpg) from another server
and sends it to the browser.
*The server returns the response headers as below : *
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Even though  "Content-Encoding: gzip" header is returned by the server,
the response object doesn't have this header.
Somehow this header has been removed from the response when the request
gets executed,  _response = _httpClient.execute(_httpHost, _httpMethod,
_httpContext);

*Browser will not receive this header, non-ascii characters aren't
recognized in the filename of download dialogue, it just shows empty
characters:*
Content-Disposition    attachment; filename="   .jpg"
Content-Type    application/octet-stream
Transfer-Encoding    chunked, chunked

Am I missing something here ? How do I make sure that the Httpclient
doesn't ignore this header and browser get to show the filename rightly ?

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruva