hc-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "HttpComponentsReleaseProcess" by OlegKalnichevski
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 20:00:20 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpcomponents Wiki" for change notification.

The "HttpComponentsReleaseProcess" page has been changed by OlegKalnichevski:
https://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpComponentsReleaseProcess?action=diff&rev1=7&rev2=8

  }}}

- You can now use a browser to review the content located in the staging directory
+ You can now use a browser to review the content located in the staging directory.

+  * Commit staged website content
+
+ Once satisfied with the changes, commit local changes to the repository.
+
+ {{{
+ gradlew -q commitSiteStage
+ }}}
+
+ Enter commit message when promted
+
+ {{{
+ oleg@ubuntu:~/src/apache.org/httpcomponents/release-httpcore-4.3.1$ ./gradlew -q commitSiteStage
+ Please enter commit message:
+ ...
+
+ }}}
+
+ == Announce release ==
+
+  * Send out an announcement to the following lists: announce@apache.org, private@hc.apache.org,

+    dev@hc.apache.org, httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
+
+ {{{
+ [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents Core 4.3.1 Released
+
+ The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
+ HttpComponents Core 4.3.1.
+
+ [release specific content]
+
+ Download -
+ <http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
+ Release notes -
+ <http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
+ HttpComponents site -
+ <http://hc.apache.org/>
+
+ About HttpComponents Core -
+ HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build
+ custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint. HttpCore supports

+ two I/O models: a blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and a non-blocking,
+ event driven I/O model based on Java NIO.
+ }}}
+
+ == Post-release JIRA admin tasks ==
+
+  * Update JIRA project data: Porject -> Administer project -> Versions: Manage
+
+    * HttpCore - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE
+    * HttpClient - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT
+    * HttpAsyncClient - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPASYNC
+
+  * Mark current version as Released
+
+  * This may also be a good moment to mark old unsupported release versions as Archived
+  and to add new release targets
+