hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Core 4.3.1 based on RC1
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:15:36 GMT
On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 00:02 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hello:

Hi Gary

Many thanks for reviewing the RC

> In httpcore-osgi/target/site/clirr-report.html, I see a lot of errors
> reported, but I do not know if these are real errors or a build oddity. Can
> you please clarify?

HttpCore OSGi does not have any source files. It is merely an
aggregation of other modules. This seems to confuse clirr plugin. I
actually set the plugin to skip but it still produced those meaningless
reports. All I can do is manually remove the report.

> I find it harder to review a release when there is no site generated and
> BUILDING.txt has no instructions for doing so. The usual "mvn site" does
> not build a whole site or any index.html files.
>
> Also, "mvn site:stage-deploy -DstagingSiteURL=file:///%HOME%/httpcore"
> gives me an NPE. This is the command I use with another multi-module build
> (Log4j2).

It is my strong conviction that the release process and web site
authoring should be completely decoupled. Web site content has been
moved to

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/project-website/trunk/

> For "mvn docbkx:generate-pdf docbkx:generate-html" in BUILDING.txt, I see
> the following warnings:
>
> WARNING: Font "Symbol,normal,700" not found. Substituting with
> "Symbol,normal,400".
> Dec 18, 2013 4:59:29 PM org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
> processEvent
> WARNING: Font "ZapfDingbats,normal,700" not found. Substituting with
> "ZapfDingbats,normal,400".

So do I. I have no idea why this happens and what exactly that means.
Seems to have effect on the PDF content.

Oleg