hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1551291
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 21:33:28 GMT
On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 21:17 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 17 December 2013 20:43, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> >> There's not a lot I can do about JIRA issue attributions, but I don't
> >> particularly want my name added to the release notes as well.
> >>

> > This makes no sense to me, but so be it.
> > Could you please then remove that entry from the release notes?
>
> I don't see why that's necessary.
>
> > We should at the very least be
> > consistent in such fundamental things and either make no attributions at
> > all, make no attributions to project committers or mandate attribution.
>
> What does it matter if one or two attribution lines are missing?
>
> I fail to see how the presence or absence of an attribution line is
> "fundamental" to the release notes.
>
> The JIRA issues and descriptions of changes - yes, those are
> fundamental, but attributions?
>
> If people want attribution, fine, let it be in the release notes.
> If they do not, omit the attribution.
>
> What is the problem with that?

I do not see why on earth one would want to announce a change in the
release notes and at the same time refuse to acknowledge personal
participation in the matter. To me attribution in case of project
committers is more about taking responsibility rather than about getting
credit.

But so be it. There are ways of seeing and not seeing.

Oleg