hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stale connection checking with NIO
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:08:29 GMT
Hi Oleg
> As long as the underlying channel has input interest turned on it should
> get notified of the opposite end closing the connection. NIO connections
> can only become 'stale' if one explicitly disables input interest prior
> to releasing connections back to the pool
Thank you for the reply. Input interest is turned on.. and everything
works fine normally. The backend is Tomcat.

However, at one of our client production sites, it seems like we
encounter a socket reset only after we try to write it. I am just
curious if anyone else has seen such an issue before. I have seen Tomcat
resetting newly accepted connections after ACKing [at least some of] the
packets when under load, but not seen resetting of a keepalive
connection with a TCP dump which will help us verify our hypothesis.

regards
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera