hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob R Quant <jacob.r.qu...@ampf.com>
Subject Since URIBuilder.setQuery is deprecated shouldn't clearQuery also be deprecated?
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:00:47 GMT
It seems like the preferred way to manipulate the query string associated with a URI when using
org.apache.http.client.utils.URIBuilder is using the [set|clear|add]Parameter[s] methods rather
than the setQuery and removeQuery methods. However, while the setQuery method is deprecated
the removeQuery method is not. Is this an oversight or is there a specific reason for this?
I would like to understand their intended uses better.

BTW, I posted a question about this at StackOverflow.com as well, but I am not sure if members
of this list monitor those or not.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19668899/what-is-the-difference-between-removequery-and-clearparameters-in-org-ap

Thanks for your time & for your work on HttpComponents/HttpClient!

-Jacob