hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents AsyncClient 4.0 based on RC2
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:42:06 GMT
On 22 October 2013 19:32, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents AsyncClient
> 4.0. The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient-4.0-RC2
> revision 3323
>
> Release notes:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient-4.0-RC2/RELEASE_NOTES-4.0.x.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-020/org/apache/httpcomponents/
>
> SVN tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient/tags/4.0-RC2
> revision 1534621

> Vote: HttpComponents AsyncClient 4.0 release
> [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents AsyncClient 4.0.
> [X] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Clirr reports errors in both httpasyncclient and httpasyncclient-cache.

I think these need to be investigated and addressed indivually.
Either by fixing the incompatibility, or by establishing that a
particular change is not likely to be a problem in practice and
documenting it in the release notes.

The previous release was a beta release, not alpha, so compatibility
ought to be maintained.