hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASF release madness (rant)
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:53:17 GMT
On 28 October 2013 10:47, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Sooo, our JIRA link is out date. Big deal, trivial to fix [1], right?

Yes

> But now we need to release a new parent POM and even with the lazy
> consensus vote it still means a 3 day delay.

Disagree.

> Maven and ASF release policies is a marriage made in hell.

Yes, the parent pom needs lazy consensus to be updated to the next release.

However, there's no requirement for site builds to be subject to the
release process, so it's easy enough to fix bugs on the website.

Obviously it makes sense to update the pom and get it approved, but I
see no reason why you should not fix the website in the meantime, if
it is urgent.