hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release based on RC2
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:22:22 GMT
On 5 September 2013 09:19, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.2.6.
> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.2.6-RC2/
>
> Release notes:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.2.6-RC2/RELEASE_NOTES-4.2.x.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-009/

Something odd has happened with the upload to the staging area.

Not only are there .asc.(md5|sha1) files - which is a known Maven
issue - but there are also .asc.asc and .asc.asc.(md5|sha1) files too.

This is not a release blocker, but should be fixed for any future release.
[I assume this is a bug in the Gradle code, because 4.3 has the same problem]

> SVN tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2.6-RC2/
> (revision 1520246)

The following files are present in SVN but missing from the source packages:
- the DOAP (that's to be expected)
- jcip-annotations.py
- httpclient-contrib/docs/translated-tutorial/httpclient-tutorial-simplified-chinese.pdf

Not blockers, but again should be fixed in case there is a future release.

The issues with the RC1 release all seem to have been fixed, which is good.
Thanks for that.