hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:48:22 GMT
On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 02:03 -0400, Karl Wright wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> "It is essential that the files in a source release can be matched
> against those in SVN."
>
> I think that's technically not necessary according to Apache rules;  what's
> necessary is that the bits in the tar or zip be based *solely* on the svn
> tag and upstream dependencies.  But you really vote not on the tag but on
> the tar and zip.
>
> "But the main issue I have is that the PNG file in the ZIP archive is
> corrupt."
>
> I think that should be fixed.  It's also worth considering that perhaps
> fixing up line endings for Windows users is maybe not worth the pain in the
> behind at release time that it is.  Most people use editors these days that
> don't care.
>
> Karl

Karl
Line delimiters of all human readable files as well as source code get
adjusted based on the type of the distribution. The whole thing boils
down to a just a few _resource_ files, which I personally think should
never be meddled with given that line delimiters may be semantically
significant.

Oleg