hc-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting Buffer Sizes in the New API
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:28:23 GMT
Hi Oleg,

Up until now we supported a parameter named "http.socket.buffer-size" in the pass-thru.properties
(nhttp.properties) file of Synapse. The value of this parameter was used to set the corresponding
parameter on HttpParams. How should this change with the new HTTP Core API?

The reason I had to ask is that I see 3 different ways to set a buffer size in the new API:

IOReactorConfig.setSndBufSize()
IOReactorConfig.setRcvBufSize()
ConnectionConfig.setBufferSize()

For the moment I've introduced 2 new parameters to the Synapse properties files and implemented
the following mapping:

http.socket.snd-buffer-size -> IOReactorConfig.setSndBufSize()
http.socket.rcv-buffer-size -> IOReactorConfig.setRcvBufSize()
http.socket.buffer-size (old parameter) -> ConnectionConfig.setBufferSize()

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Hiranya

--