hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Himanshu Gusain -X (hgusain - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco)" <hgus...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Need to add attribute to manifest file
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:29:18 GMT
Hi sebb,

Can you provide the latest jars containing the attributes (Trusted-Library: true and Permissions:
all-permissions) in the Manifest.mf.

Regards
Himanshu

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:12 PM
To: HttpComponents Project
Cc: Dharmendra Kumar -X (dharkuma - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco); Ashish
Saxena -X (ashisaxe - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco); Andrew Goodman (angoodma)
Subject: Re: Need to add attribute to manifest file

On 14 August 2013 06:07, Himanshu Gusain -X (hgusain - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED
at Cisco) <hgusain@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>

> We are using httpclient-2.0.2.jar by apache.

That version of httpclient is long since obsolete.

they introduced for mixed code in their java 7 update 21 release<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/7u21-relnotes-1932873.html>.

> Now to remove these prompts I have to add the Trusted-Library: true attribute into the
Manifest.mf of all the jars we are using.

httpclient-2.0.2.jar as per java 7 update 25<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/7u25-relnotes-1955741.html>.

> Can you please provide a httpclient-2.0.2.jar containing the two attributes in their
Manifest.mf.

Sorry, but we will not create any further releases from that code line.
It is far too old.

For details of the current httpclient software, please see the website at

http://hc.apache.org/
in particular:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/index.html

As per the above website, we use JIRA to track enhancement requests such as adding extra entries
to the manifest files.