hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting Buffer Sizes in the New API
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:30:15 GMT
On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 12:28 -0700, Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> Up until now we supported a parameter named "http.socket.buffer-size" in the pass-thru.properties
(nhttp.properties) file of Synapse. The value of this parameter was used to set the corresponding
parameter on HttpParams. How should this change with the new HTTP Core API?

> The reason I had to ask is that I see 3 different ways to set a buffer size in the new
API:

> IOReactorConfig.setSndBufSize()
> IOReactorConfig.setRcvBufSize()
> ConnectionConfig.setBufferSize()
>
> For the moment I've introduced 2 new parameters to the Synapse properties files and implemented
the following mapping:

> http.socket.snd-buffer-size -> IOReactorConfig.setSndBufSize()
> http.socket.rcv-buffer-size -> IOReactorConfig.setRcvBufSize()
> http.socket.buffer-size (old parameter) -> ConnectionConfig.setBufferSize()
>
> Does this make sense?

Yes, it does. You can safely ignore IOReactorConfig level parameters
though. They have been added more for completeness than anything else.
They only apply when TCP_NODEPLAY is set to false, which rarely should
be the case.

Oleg