hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mix-and-match HttpCore and HttpClient versions
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 12:30:17 GMT
On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 13:14 +0100, sebb wrote:
> HttpClient and HttpCore have similar version numbers; both have a
> 4.2.x series and a 4.3 series.
>
> Is there any relationship between the two?
> Is it necessary for HttpClient 4.2.x to use HttpCore 4.2.x?
> Or can HttpClient 4.2.5 be used with HttpCore 4.3?

Theoretically, it can, as HttpCore 4.3 should be fully API backward
compatible. However, truth to be told I have not been testing all
possible version combinations. Unless one has a very good reason to mix
4.3 core with 4.2 client I would probably caution against doing so. Just
use client 4.3 and let your dependency management tool pick up requisite
dependencies.

Oleg