hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separate src folder for deprecated classes
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 13:52:07 GMT
On 27 July 2013 14:23, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 10:35 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
>> I only see the need for this extra complication if you also plan on
>> creating a jar for the deprecated code. This way you can have pure 4.3
>> jar and a 4.2 compatibility jar.
>>

> This is certainly a possibility and can help great deal should we decide
> to release a re-spin of HttpClient 4.3 for Android. More importantly
> though it helps reduce coupling between deprecated and non-deprecated
> classes. Accidental references to deprecated classes are now much easier
> to catch.

I'm not quite sure how the references between classes in different
build folders work.

In the case of test classes, these depend on main classes, but the
main classes never depend on test classes, so it is easy to ensure
that classes are built in the correct order.

Is that always true of deprecated classes? Are they built before or
after the main classes?