hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Additional info for VOTE e-mails
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:29:22 GMT
We need to include the revision number as well as the SVN tag.
We don't re-use tags (I hope!), but SVN does not guarantee tag
immutability, so for completeness the revision is needed.
It's easy enough to copy/paste from the commit mail.

The KEYS file is needed so an outsider can easily check the sigs; it
won't change.

Having everything needed to check the release candidate present in the
e-mail shows that the PMC is trying to ensure that the vote is clear
and open.
It should not be necessary for reviewers to go digging for URLs in
order to complete their check.

Also, then the historical record has everything together.

I hope that makes sense to all?