hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.3 release based on RC1
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:53:38 GMT
-1

There seems to be a problem with the jar NOTICE and LICENSE files.

There are two of each, with different contents in each of the jars.
Looks like one is auto-generated, as it has a spurious leading blank line.
The javadoc jars only have a single pair of N&L files, which look to
be the autogenerated ones.

By the way, it may be possible to simplify the NOTICE files:

http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice

I suspect the JCIP-ANNOTATIONS paragraph could be left to the LICENSE file.