hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.3 release based on RC1
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 00:23:53 GMT
On 19 July 2013 12:23, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 16:53 +0100, sebb wrote:
>> -1
>>
>> There seems to be a problem with the jar NOTICE and LICENSE files.
>>
>> There are two of each, with different contents in each of the jars.
>> Looks like one is auto-generated, as it has a spurious leading blank line.
>> The javadoc jars only have a single pair of N&L files, which look to
>> be the autogenerated ones.
>>
>> By the way, it may be possible to simplify the NOTICE files:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
>>
>> I suspect the JCIP-ANNOTATIONS paragraph could be left to the LICENSE file.
>>

> Sebastian
>
> Could you please get the latest SVN snapshot off the trunk, build
> artifacts (with 'mvn clean package') and let me know if everything is as
> you expect?

There is now only one NOTICE & LICENSE file.

However the NOTICE (and LICENSE) files all have a spurious blank line
at the start.
Looks like that is a Maven bug.

The JCIP annotations are not mentioned in OSGI, although the
annotations are included in the OSGI jar.

However, the OSGI source does not include JCIP.

I don't know whether it is possible to generate separate N&L files for
source and binary artifacts using the remote resources plugin.
If not, we will probably have to revert to copying the files ourselves
in order to recover the necessary control over the process.