hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EOL not being fixed in some resources; should not fix EOL at EOF
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:54:34 GMT
On 26 July 2013 12:46, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 11:52 +0100, sebb wrote:
>> The EOL is not being correctly converted for the following files:
>>
>> resources/css/*.css
>> resources/xsl/*.xsl
>> META-INF/NOTICE
>> META-INF/LICENSE
>> version.properties
>>

> These are resources and I personally think they should not be meddled
> with.

It's not a question of meddling, it's a question of consistency.
AFAIK these are all eol:native files so will be different in
workspaces on hosts with different EOLs.

If the source archives are created on Unix, they currently have
Eol=LF, however on Windows they will have Eol=CRLF.

If the files are supposed only ever to have EOL=LF, then the eol-style
needs to be changed.

>> I think that is handled in rc.gradle:CopySpec sources()
>> It looks like it should be sufficient to just add some extra includes
>> to the first section.
>>
>> I also now think the filter should not attempt to fix EOL at EOF, i.e.
>> the filter should have setFixLast(false);
>> If the final EOL is missing in SVN, it should remain so in the archive.
>> I assume this would have to go into Line.groovy, but I've no idea how
>> to do that.
>>

> I adjusted the parameter map passed to the filter. Last line fix is now
> set to false.

Thanks.