hc-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternative to SSLClientIOEventDispatch.createSSLIOSession
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:28:34 GMT
Hi Oleg,

On Jul 25, 2013, at 1:04 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 12:32 -0700, Hiranya Jayathilaka wrote:
>> Hi Oleg,
>>
>> We used to override the createSSLIOSession method of the SSLClientIOEventDispatch
class in the Synapse transports. What is the alternative to this in the new HTTP Core APIs?
Basically, we want to customize how SSLIOSession instances are created by the transport.

>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>
> You should use SSLNHttp*ConnectionFactory with a custom SSLSetupHandler
> or create a custom NHttpConnectionFactory.

It doesn't look like we can override the way SSLIOSession instances are created from a custom
SSLSetupHandler. Only option is to override the createConnection(IOSession) method of SSLNHttpClientConnectionFactory.
The SSLIOSession objects are created within this method as follows:

SSLIOSession ssliosession = new SSLIOSession(session, SSLMode.SERVER, sslcontext, this.sslHandler);

Will it be possible to get an extensible hook into this class in a future release, so we can
easily override how SSLIOSession objects are created, without having to override the whole
createConnection method?

Thanks,
Hiranya