hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Separate src folder for deprecated classes
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:18:33 GMT
Folks

Both HttpCore and HttpClient trunks (especially the latter) have a
significant number of deprecated classes that accumulated in the course
of 3 feature releases. I would rather see them removed but we have to
practical about it. As an alternative, I would like to move deprecated
classes to a separate src folder ./src/deprecated/java
or ./src/main/java-deprecated. This would enable us to apply different
policies to those classes, exclude them from the test coverage reports,
and simply not to have them in the way. This change will not affect
binary compatibility, just packaging.

I hope there will be no objections but if I am mistaken please make them
known now before I start moving classes around.

Oleg