hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.3 release based on RC1
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:00:10 GMT
On Sun, 2013-07-21 at 01:23 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 19 July 2013 12:23, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 16:53 +0100, sebb wrote:
> >> -1
> >>
> >> There seems to be a problem with the jar NOTICE and LICENSE files.
> >>
> >> There are two of each, with different contents in each of the jars.
> >> Looks like one is auto-generated, as it has a spurious leading blank line.
> >> The javadoc jars only have a single pair of N&L files, which look to
> >> be the autogenerated ones.
> >>
> >> By the way, it may be possible to simplify the NOTICE files:
> >>
> >> http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
> >>
> >> I suspect the JCIP-ANNOTATIONS paragraph could be left to the LICENSE file.
> >>

> > Sebastian
> >
> > Could you please get the latest SVN snapshot off the trunk, build
> > artifacts (with 'mvn clean package') and let me know if everything is as
> > you expect?
>
> There is now only one NOTICE & LICENSE file.
>
> However the NOTICE (and LICENSE) files all have a spurious blank line
> at the start.
> Looks like that is a Maven bug.

Seriously, Sebastian, who cares? This stuff comes form ASF level POM.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/resources/trunk/apache-jar-resource-bundle/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE.vm

> The JCIP annotations are not mentioned in OSGI, although the
> annotations are included in the OSGI jar.
>
> However, the OSGI source does not include JCIP.

I added JCIP related clauses to NOTICE and LICENSE in the OSGi module.

> I don't know whether it is possible to generate separate N&L files for
> source and binary artifacts using the remote resources plugin.
> If not, we will probably have to revert to copying the files ourselves
> in order to recover the necessary control over the process.

I hope you are not serious.

Please review and let me know if I can move on with the release.

Oleg