hc-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Karl Wright (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (HTTPCLIENT-1372) Content-Disposition header in form data does not adhere to RFC6266
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:17:20 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1372?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13686630#comment-13686630
] 

Karl Wright edited comment on HTTPCLIENT-1372 at 6/18/13 12:16 PM:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I made local modifications (in the ManifoldCF project) which were designed to implement RFC
6532, but I'm still waiting for confirmation that they work as planned.

What is also not part of the RFC is whether we ought to explicitly describe the encoding in
the multipart-form's content-type header as being UTF-8.  I think that would be a nicety,
but it is clearly not required.  I could go either way on this.


                
      was (Author: kwright@metacarta.com):
    I made local modifications (in the ManifoldCF project) which were designed to implement
RFC 6532, but I'm still waiting for confirmation that they work as planned.


                  
> Content-Disposition header in form data does not adhere to RFC6266
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HTTPCLIENT-1372
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1372
>             Project: HttpComponents HttpClient
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: HttpMime
>    Affects Versions: 4.2.5
>            Reporter: Karl Wright
>            Assignee: Karl Wright
>             Fix For: 4.3 Beta3
>
>
> The Content-disposition header, as it appears for an item of form data, does not allow
for UTF-8 encoding as specified in RFC6266, as described here:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6266
> This is causing ManifoldCF severe problems working in Japan with Solr, since Solr content
extraction relies on accurate filenames in order to determine the likely document encoding.
> A fix for the 4.2.x branch will be needed, I am afraid.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@hc.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@hc.apache.org


Mime
View raw message