hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.3-beta2 release based on RC1
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:22:35 GMT
On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 08:01 +0100, ant elder wrote:
> It looks ok so i'll give it a +1 however i did have some trouble
> getting the source build to work. All the sub-modules failed to build
> during checkstyle until i copied the asl2.header and hc-checkstyle.xml
> files from the root of the src distribution to the root of each
> sub-module. Any idea what thats about or if its just something funny
> with my environment?
>
>    ...ant

I have never run into such a problem myself but I am aware that the
current style-check plugin configuration is very bristle (mainly due to
the use of relative file locations for asl2.header and
hc-checkstyle.xml). The problem should disappear as soon as all HC
projects are changed to use style-check config from a shared binary
module [1]. The module is ready to be released but I am waiting for the
the vote on release process lazy consensus to close [2].

Oleg

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/hc-stylecheck/trunk/
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hc-dev/201306.mbox/%
3C1370555282.4631.2.camel%40ubuntu%3E