hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Following up HTTPCLIENT-1238
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:07:22 GMT
On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 09:22 +0200, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all mates,
>
> I am trying to support my colleague Dominique, the original HTTPCLIENT-1238
> reporter, on providing the patch to provide such OSGi feature.
>
> What we would like to achieve is registering proxy configuration(s) that
> will be automatically picked-up by HttpClient instances, so users don't
> have to manually register the proxy for each instance.
>
> In the issue I read that Oleg was working on APIs design in order to
> achieve, more or less, the same goal, but after one day of investigation I
> haven't figured out how to do it - may I can kindly ask you if there is any
> way to implement that feature with current APIs, without adding additional
> code?
>
> Many thanks in advance, all the best!
> -Simo

Hi Simone

Please have a look at the HttpClientBuilder and HttpClients classes in
the 4.3 branch (trunk). What I think might be a feasible approach is to
provide OSGi aware versions of those classes (similar to the caching
module). OSGi aware builder can selectively inject OSGi specific
dependencies instead of default ones or use a different
CloseableHttpCllient implementation altogether.

Hope this helps

Oleg