hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different HttpContexts with 4.2.x
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:03:35 GMT
Hi Oleg
> I/O session level context is specific to one particular session and also
> limited in its life time to that of the session. HTTP exchanges can span
> across multiple connections (sessions). This is especially the case of
> the client side. That is the reason for using another context at the
> protocol handler level.
Thanks for this insight.. I didn't notice the case for the local context
> Generally you should always be able to get the underlying connection
> (session) from the local context and get hold of the connection level
> attributes.
This is slightly different for new connections which fail, as there is
no connection, I think this was the cause of the initial pain, but we
are now trying to clean things up and maybe find out a better way to
keep track of things
> If you have ideas how to simplify the API let's discuss and
> work on them.
Sure, I'll get back if I find any way to possibly improve things

thanks and regards
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera