hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Http Async Client stability for production use
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 07:28:39 GMT
Hi Oleg
> I think HttpAsyncClient 4.0-beta3 is quite stable as far as I can tell
> by feedback from users. There has been only one serious bug reported
> (HTTPASYNC-34, fixed in trunk). A few months back CXF project chose it
> over all other HTTP clients as their default async client side HTTP
> transport after extensive evaluation. They seem to be OK.
Thats great to hear!
> Having said that I have been doing a lot of refactoring on it in my
> local repository to improve performance and am also planning to migrate
> it to HttpCore 4.3 API. There will be a period of instability ahead and
> I do not expect it to go GA soon. If you do no not need a full blown
> HTTP client with proxy, auth and cookie support stick to HttpCore for a
> few more months.
Ok.. we will stick to HttpCore right now, as we do not need extensive
proxy or cookie support. However authentication support is something we
would like to utilize, especially the new NTLM support, SPNEGO and
Kerberos. I will ping the list if I need assistance incorporating those in.

thanks and regards
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera