hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How are TrustStores and KeyStores used in SSL in HTTP-core-nio
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:32:32 GMT
On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 13:54 +0530, Prasad Jeewantha wrote:
> Cool! Thanks a lot for the tip. I understand that *
> AbstractMultiworkerIOReactor* runs several dispatchers(*BaseIOReactor)* in
> several worker threads and that the dispatcher will be blocked for all
> other events till certificate verification is over if not handled
> asynchronously. One possible solution IMO is to have another *status2* *=
> NOT_OK* variable in *SSLIOSession* class so that its
> *isAppOutputReady()*method returns false until the
> *status2* variable is set to *OK* by the thread created for certificate
> verification. In *SSLClientIOEventDispatch* class
> *outputReady(IOSession)*method has
> if (sslSession.isAppOutputReady()) {
>            conn.produceOutput(this.handler);
> }
> so the connection will not be used until certificate verification is done.
> Please tell me whether this could be a viable solution and whether it will
> give any unexpected problems. I really appreciate your comments.
> Thanks a lot,
> Jeewantha

This sounds viable. What you need to do is to mark the session as
'not-ready' yet, suspend all i/o events on it, start an asynchronous
certificate verification process (either using a worker thread or
another i/o reactor). Once the process is completed the worker can
update the status and resume (or terminate) the session.

Hope this helps

Oleg