hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse formatter/cleanup settings I use; was Re: svn commit: r1445521
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:39:54 GMT
On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 10:04 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 14:52 +0100, Fran├žois-Xavier Bonnet wrote:
> > > I added javadoc for the deprecation.
> > >
> > > Does someone use Eclipse and has a proper configuration for code style,
> > > javadoc warnings and code formatter? Importing all these settings would
> > > help me.
> >
> > Fran├žois-Xavier,
> >
> > Please find formatter and cleanup settings I use with my Eclipse
> > attached to this message.
> >
> > What might be useful is for all of use to agree on some basic code
> > formatting guidelines mandatory for all contributions (there is already
> > a page for that in Wiki [1], albeit still unfinished), provide Eclipse
> > (IntelliJ, etc) templates and enforce those guidelines through the
> > style-check plugin.
> >

> Why not save your eclipse settings under something like
> ide/eclipse/<version>/ ?
>
> Then those of us on Eclipse can copy the file to the right place.
>
> Gary

This is a good idea. We should still agree on common guidelines first,
though, in my opinion. Another important aspect is actually being able
to enforce those guidelines through the style-check plugin (or similar
compile time mechanism). This is likely to require a great deal of work
which I presently cannot commit myself to.

Oleg