hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Http Async Client stability for production use
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:01:44 GMT
On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 12:45 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> >> If you do no not need a full blown HTTP client with proxy, auth and
> >> cookie support stick to HttpCore for a few more months.
> I see some changes between HttpCore/NIO 4.2.x and 4.3.x as well and I am
> trying to decide if migrating directly to 4.3-alpha1 would be a good
> idea at this point.. Could you give me your views on the stability of
> 4.3.x and its production readiness?

Asankha

I just recently discovered an area in HttpCore NIO that needs
optimization. Currently HttpCore NIO fragments HTTP packets into too
many TCP fragments which adversely affects performance. The fix is not
going to be simple potentially affecting all content encoders and likely
to destabilize things somewhat. I would recommend sticking to 4.2 until
4.3 goes BETA.

Cheers

Oleg