hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on HC Connection pooling - PoolEntry
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 18:54:34 GMT
On Sat, 2013-02-02 at 12:15 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi All
>
> The PoolEntry class defines its valid time with the variable "validUnit"
> which I believe should be corrected to "validUntil" ? More, importantly,
> when updating an entry I think the following method should take the
> Math.max of the new expiry time and current validUntil time.. Is that
> correct?
>
> thanks
> asankha
>
> public synchronized void updateExpiry(final long time, final TimeUnit
> tunit) {
>          Args.notNull(tunit, "Time unit");
>          this.updated = System.currentTimeMillis();
>          long newExpiry;
>          if (time > 0) {
>              newExpiry = this.updated + tunit.toMillis(time);
>          } else {
>              newExpiry = Long.MAX_VALUE;
>          }
>          this.expiry = Math.min(newExpiry, this.validUnit);
>      }

Hi Asankha

Let's say a pool entry is created at 10:00 with the total time to live
of 10 minutes. The validUntil value is set to 10:10. Let's say at 10:05
#updateExpiry takes 10 minutes as input thus making newExpiry equal to
10:15. Should not validUntil still apply and take precedence over
newExpiry?

Oleg