hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trunk build error
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:58:40 GMT
On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 15:46 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 12:12 -0500, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I get:
> > >
> > > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.9.1:checkstyle
> > > (validate) on project httpcomponents-core: An error has occurred in
> > > Checkstyle report generation. Failed during checkstyle configurat
> > > ion: cannot initialize module Header - unable to load header file
> > > asl2.header: asl2.header (The system cannot find the file specified) ->
> > > [Help 1]
> > >
> > > Did someone forget to commit asl2.header?
> > >
> > > Gary
> > >

> > Trunk passes style checks for me (after fixing tabs introduced by a
> > previous commit). The asl2.header file seems to be at the right place.
> >

> Weird, I wonder what is wrong on my end then. I have in
> "C:\svn\org\apache\httpcomponents\trunk" the following dirs:
>
> httpasync
> httpasyncclient
> httpclient
> httpcore
> httpcore-benchmark
> httpcore-contrib
> project
>
> To get the error, I do:
>
> cd project
> mvn clean test
>
> Can you try that?
>
> Gary

I am getting the same error. I could work this problem around by coping
asl2.header to 'project'. Once the style checks are more or less stable
they can be put into a separate binary artifact and re-used by all
modules without having to duplicate the style check definitions and
redundant copies of the asl2.header file.

Oleg