hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject svnpubsub misery (dropping Maven Clover reports)
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:13:19 GMT
On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 14:30 +0000, olegk@apache.org wrote:
> Author: olegk
> Date: Tue Jan 15 14:10:42 2013
> New Revision: 1433427

> Log:
> Updated project web site for HttpClient 4.2.3 release
>

> [This commit notification would consist of 6158 parts,
> which exceeds the limit of 50 ones, so it was shortened to the summary.]

I don't know. At the moment the new shiny SvnPubSub thing feels, well,
awkward. It took me close to 4 hours to commit updates to the project
web site.

The largest chunk of module specific files appear to be Clover coverage
reports. It would help enormously if we did not have to commit those to
the SVN repository. Besides, Clover Maven plugin is a major pain in the
rectum by itself due to compatibility issues with Maven 3.

I would like to propose Clover reports be removed from the release
process. Clover reports are to be generated independently of the release
process using a separate Maven profile (or maybe even using Gradle).
They could be published to people.apache.org every once in a while, if
desired.

Oleg